Anyone wishing to improve their skills in floristry and plant maintenance on board yachts, in resorts or in private residences and wanting to understand how to create floral arrangements, extend the life of cut flowers, the basic florist supplies, creating arrangements, and what to source.
Floristry and plant maintenance
Who is this course for?
- The main elements and principles that are used in floral design
- Florale colour relationships, the effects of colour relationships in displays and use of colour for occasions
- The conditioning techniques and special treatments required for maintaining fresh flowers, foliage and plants
- How to monitor control quality and rotation of cut florae material
- How to effectively plan for a floral order based on locations, dimensions, colour schemes and budgets
- The fundamentals of colour schemes, placements and dimensions of arrangements
- How to create a range of floral display types relevant to the various uses and onboard locations
- How to identify a range of indoor plant characteristics and their planted designs
- How to correctly care and maintain popular indoor plants for healthy growth
- The importance of following health and safety legislative practices, including waste disposal, COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health), HASAWA (Health and Safety at Work Act) and personal health and safety when working with sharp tools, poisons, irritants and heavy items
Please contact us if you would like to experience this customisable training onboard for your entire team.