The Yacht Owner Representative programme (YORP) is fully-accredited by IAMI and consists of four courses with the following topics:
- YOR role and responsibility skills (mandatory) – run in person by LH
- Foundations of a new build project – run online by The Crew Academy
- YOR management and compliance obligations – run online by The Crew Academy
- YOR specialist project, legal and administrations – run online by The Crew Academy
In total it offers over 200 hours of learning across these four courses, covering occupational competencies and the responsibilities which qualify individuals for the role of yacht owner’s representative.
The required prerequisites for attending the GUEST Yacht Owner Representative program:
- Age minimum for attending this IAMI GUEST© Program is strictly 25 years old or over.
- All tuition is taught in the International Maritime language, English.
- All students MUST have a good knowledge of verbal and written English.
- We use a robust list of checks, including Reference checks from CV and previous employment and checks on any relevant further education completed.
Course 1 of YORP focuses on the various roles and responsibilities of an owner representative. Participants will learn how to establish the owners project aims and goals, present the requirements to shipyard, and negotiate project objectives on behalf of the owner. Ultimately this course aims to equip yacht owner representatives with the necessary skills and knowledge to ensure successful yacht projects and satisfied owners.
YORP is primarily aimed at individuals who are ready to become certified owner’s representatives: captains, engineers, yacht managers, yacht brokers, yacht surveyors, technical consultants and experienced owner’s representatives. The course is also very useful for people who want to understand the role of the owner’s representative, including shipyard project managers, designers, lawyers, crew and family office managers.
We launched the inaugural course of the YORP launched at the Bennetti shipyard in Livorno in October of this year. Course one focuses on the leadership skills and responsibilities an Owner’s Rep needs to have to be successful in the role.
Our 4 day in person training really builds the skills and capability of participants to manage any stakeholder in any situation in the role of an Owner’s Rep.
Check out dates and schedule for our 2024 courses.
Module one, YORP role and responsibility skills, is run by LH in person at different locations throughout the year.
Your investment is € 3000,- (plus expenses)
The other modules of the YORP programme are run by The Crew Academy:
Course 2 Foundations of a new build project
Course 3 YOR management and compliance obligations
Course 4 YOR specialist project, legal and administrations
These courses are run online and can be booked directly via their website.